To summarize my complete and utter success of a birthday:
Expensive and memorable trip to whole foods, discovery of English apple sauce and cup cake pans, dried cherries, sorbet, trip home carrying 2 super heavy bags to Waterloo, bag nearly relax, make and eat carrot cake cup cakes [cccc's] like you have never seen, must convert recipe to silly English measurements, M-Zuck saved the day with baking supplies, eat cupcakes for bfast, bring CCCC to work, coworkers asked for recipe, great, good margs, great friends, epic lemon cake, baller brownies, gifts- yes!, Wahaca = proof good Mex in London, v-necks a plenty, brainstorming, happy hour!, patron silver, bday cards that are now on my fridge [thank you!], new pics, almost naming the Project, and home by 10:30pm. 10:40pm- Checked email and I have an interview with SLU! BOOM.
Basically, all of the days last week leading up to my birthday were some of the best I have had in London. Nice weather and flip flops helped. Everything was just so good. I am very fortunate to have some kick ass friends here in London who definitely made my mini celebration one of the best ones in recent memory!! Really, thanks guys!! I am also really fortunate to have so many people who still cared about my bday even though I am 4000 miles away. Double Bonus!
Then a volcano in Iceland started going off, airports shut down in Europe, any incoming packages are stranded in the states, if the big volcano goes off I am screwed, and I wish it had a name that I could pronounce. I'm watching the situation like a hawk...
So much work to do this week. I worked for 7 straight hours after I got home this afternoon. I am putting my heart and soul into this project...and I am pretty sure this is the first time I have worked so hard for something completely unrelated to school. When I have more than 20 minutes, I will actually write a more detailed letter to you, chazm.
All you need to know is that I am 23, I [+MZuck] make a mean cccc, I actually have a future [grad school], I am a busy badger, a volcano erupted, shit got crazy in Europe but not in Iceland, tons of people lives became very stressful, but my life still kicks ass.
I miss you like Europe misses its airspace,
The 23 year old version of Becca
No comments:
Post a Comment